I'll sleep when I'm Dead...

I'll sleep when I'm dead... my credo... my motto... my downfall

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Back from the Dead...


Oh my God I suck. That's about all I can say.

I set this blog up with the honest intent of posting daily (or at least weekly), not yearly as it turns out. I intended to do such as a means to vent my insufferable bitching. Everyone here at the GetOffended.com offices hates me. They hate the soap boxes I have tied to the bottom of my Sha Sha's. They hate that I'm always right… or at least it feels that way. They hate me.

"You need a hobby!"

"Isn't it about time for a mid-life crisis?"

"Seriously, don't you have anything better to do than complain all the time?"

That's what I hear on a daily basis. The hopes centered around this Blog being an outlet for this very such aggression toward my fellow man. I think it would have worked, but when you only post once a year, it's kind of pointless.

Solution: get off my ass, shut off "Modern Warfare 2" here at the office, and actually start posting again. If that doesn't work….

Alternate Solution: force everyone here at the office to put there share in as well. I can do that ya know. I'm the "boss".

So as it progresses, I'll be making contributions daily (weekly at worst case). Everyone else will pull there weight as well. If the post sucks, that's because I didn't do it. No proofreading, no rough drafts and revisions, just the cold hard facts, spit out onto the screen as we type. Post it and move on. If it gets really bad, maybe we'll rethink it, but for now, that's the direction we're taking…

I promise I'll get back to my previous posts, and continue where I left off, but for now, let's move on to more pressing subject matter.

The World Cup!

We're huge soccer fans here at GetOffended. Where else can you enjoy a pint of Guinness and watch a real sport without huddles, without breaks in the game, without stopping clocks for injuries (even through all of that padding and protective gear) and without the feeling of "Oh my God, I'm such a redneck for watching this" (a'la NASCAR, Football and Baseball). Plus, with Soccer, anyone can play. You can teach yourself how to play. There are no physical prerequisites that have to be met like in Basketball and Horse Racing… I'm short, sue me. Just competitive sport in the purest of form. Gotta love it.

Congrats to the US team. We held our own through this whole thing. Thanks to Rob Green for making it so.

I'm also personally following Germany (have to route for your heritage) and England (I'm a Barclay's fan). Plus, the following: Spain (love Torres), Argentina and Portugal (hate Ronaldo and Messi) and Japan (Tulio Tanaka must be seen to appreciate, plus I love Endo… is it just me or does he look like he just came off of a bender…).

US is out. Japan is out. Portugal is out. England is out. I guess it's up to Spain and Germany now. Don't let me down.

Ok, that's enough for now, to at least get the ball rolling. I'll be back tomorrow, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment